Which president has the best economic record and what does the record tell us about the future?
The President as Economist: Scoring Economic Performance from Harry Truman to Barack Obama
Considering the performance of U.S. presidents in terms of how their decisions strengthened or eroded the economic health of the nation can provide valuable lessons on the best strategies for managing our economy. Today, with the United States still struggling to recover from the Great Recession, and unprecedented economic challenges stemming from developing first-world nations, smarter policy making and economic action is sorely needed.
Find out in Richard Carroll’s new book on presidential economic performance. This book evaluates presidential economic performance through an analysis of key performance indicators—quantitative data, not opinion. The final chapter presents a numeric score for each administration and ranks the performance of the 12 presidents.
NewsGuidesTM Top 10 Issues 2011—An Economic Guide to the Top Issues Facing the United States brings you the essential facts and analysis on top issues:
- Slowing Down Global Climate Change
- The Transformation of the U.S. Energy Sector
- Preserving Forest and Ocean Eco-Systems
- Saving Social Security for Future Generations
- Reforming Healthcare
- Managing the National Debt Explosion
- Reducing Poverty and Improving Equity in Income and Wealth Distribution
- Reducing the Costs and Increasing the Benefits of Globalization
- Countering Terrorism Without Motivating It
- Solving Problems in a World of Pop Media
Click on NewsGuidesto learn more about NewsGuides content and order a copy.
- Understand the top issues in the news
- Present your views and arguments clearly
- Help students engage in controversial issues
- Make more informed decisions as a conscientious citizen